Technical Articles and Resources
The articles and links here may help directly with a problem or may show he way to a solution for a problem.
Tech articles are the hardest to keep updated. When the reason they were written in the first place may no longer exist or be relevant or pertinent, one might think discarding them would be the order of the day, but I keep them instead as reminders of days gone by and so I don't have to re-learn how to do something I used to know how to do should history repeat itself. Sometimes it's not the details so much as it is the approach taken, and from that perspective, some solutions might lead to other solutions.
Instructions, tutorials, networking, Internet-related, viruses, PC audio, PC video, CD and DVD media, miscellaneous, fixes, OEMs, drivers and manuals...
Home computer networks
CDs and DVDs
Suggested fixes for problems and other help
- Problems with software, including all Windows versions
- Making a system disk - DOS; Windows 3.1x; Windows 95, 98, Millennium Edition
- Making a bootable USB flash drive
- Getting Scandisk and Defrag to finish without repeatedly restarting
- Removing unwanted programs in Windows 95, 98...
- How to uninstall Internet Explorer 6.0
- Wiping your hard drive for a fresh start...
- What to do if your PC won't boot from your hard drive
- Debugging tools and techniques
- Microsoft Technet support
- Microsoft Windows 98 troubleshooters
- Windows shutdown problems
- More on shutdown problems
- "unable to create network socket connection"
- Winsock errors and TCP/IP-related issues...
- How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from starting
- "Windows registry is damaged. Windows will restart and try to fix the problem."
- Corrupted registry keeps Windows XP from starting in any mode
- Windows XP is corrupt, needs reinstalling, on a PC with existing data
- Hyperlinks in email don't open in a browser
- Web pages with search engines won't come up, but are replaced with another
- Troubleshooting Windows shut down problems
- More on troubleshooting shut down problems
- Identifying Task List programs
- Search Companion has missing files
- About stop messages (WinNT, Win2000, WinXP)
- Internet Explorer has become corrupt in Windows XP
- Windows Explorer has no folder pane (greyed out)
- Changing the drive letter of a disk drive
- Using hibernation mode
- Using Windows Backup
- unreadable flash memory device needs formatting
- Sympatico swears that the problem is your PC...
- The Add/Remove utility in Control Panel comes up empty
- Error 58, with missing (unnamed) DLL
OEM tech support links
PCN presently prefers parts and services from these OEMs...
© Products of Concord North Ltd. Home